Our lovely host Diana Williams chats to the brilliant and ball of nutrition and mental wellbeing wisdom, Emma Robertson, our Fernwood Wellness Training and Development Manager, about some of our favourite topics: food and mood. Want to know how these two topics are linked and the role the gut plays in mental health and wellbeing? Of course you do!
We’ve heard many times before, ‘you are what you eat’, and while this saying has often been related to the physical shape of our bodies, we have a very special guest joining the podcast to talk about how ‘you feel what you eat’; how our diet can impact what’s happening in our brain.
Emma has played a pivotal role in launching Fernwood’s very new – and very exciting – Food & Mood program, designed to focus on the many aspects of our diet and lifestyle, beyond what we put on the plate. The program is open to any women who want to re-evaluate and refresh their relationship with food, to establish and enjoy a sustainable lifestyle well into the future.
Emma is a wealth of knowledge on these topics, and has answered a range of popular questions on this episode, including:
- What types of food should we be eating for good mental health and wellbeing?
- If some foods can lead to positive mental wellbeing, does that also mean some foods can have a negative impact?
- What does this mean for the occasional indulgence? Such as a slice of cake at a birthday, or pizza and wine with the girls on a Friday night?
- How do we remove the guilt from enjoying occasional foods?
- How do we plan for our inner sabotage and ensure it doesn’t get in the way of our progress and contentment?
- How should we be reframing the way we look at healthy eating and lifestyle to make results sustainable long-term?
Time to tuck into another fabulous Fernwood Fitness podcast! Listen here, or via Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
You can find out more about our Food & Mood program by scrolling down and filling out the form below.