The pumpkin soup you love with a few fresh flavours – this is one recipe you’re going to fall in love with. This delicious recipe comes from our MyFernwood program - our online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and more.
You can also access the nutrition information for our recipes, including this pumpkin soup recipe via MyFernwood! Join Fernwood now to access all these delicious recipes.
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25g onion
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g carrot, peeled
- 200g pumpkin, skin removed
- 5g basil
- 20g feta
- 60g Greek yoghurt
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- Heat the oil in a medium pan. Finely chop onion and garlic, then add to the pan and saute on a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and smoked paprika.
- Chop carrot and pumpkin into 2cm cubes and add to the pan. Mix well and saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 300ml of water, increase the heat to bring to a boil, then decrease the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until pumpkin and carrot are soft.
- Carefully process with a stick mixer or a food processor until smooth (be cautious of heat or steam).
- Toast the seeds for 30 seconds in a microwave.
- Top the soup with yoghurt, crumbled feta, seeds and torn basil leaves. Serve with a slice of wholemeal bread.