This delicious Green tabbouleh with avocado tahini dressing recipe is the ideal vegan side dish.
- 2 heads of broccoli, stalks discarded, florets roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, finely sliced
- 2 green apples, cored, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful coriander leaves
Avocado tahini dressing
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive, hemp, avocado or macadamia oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, zest, juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the broccoli, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse briefly until mixture resembles chunky rice. Spoon onto the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, until some bits begin to brown and char on the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool (you can speed this up by placing it in the fridge).
- While the broccoli mixture is cooling, make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. The mixture will be quite thick and creamy, so add 1-2 tablespoons of water to loosen it up to your liking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to a large shallow bowl and add the cucumber, apple, chilli, spring onion, half the herbs and half the dressing. Toss well to combine, then drizzle over the remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper, scatter over the remaining herbs and serve.
Get more healthy recipes here.
Recipe from Eat More Vegan by Luke Hines, published by Plum. Photography by Mark Ropper.