Tasty, healthy, and easy to make – this chicken and zucchini burger recipe is exactly the meal you are looking to make this weekend.
This delicious recipe comes from our Fernwood Pulse program - our online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and more. You can also access the nutrition information for our recipes, including the chicken and zucchini burger via Fernwood Pulse!
Want to join Fernwood? Of course you do. Find out more here.
- 90g zucchini
- 40g chicken mince
- ½ large egg
- 10g spring onion
- ½ garlic clove
- 5g oats
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 wholemeal roll
- 50g cucumber
- 15g baby rocket
- 10g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- Grate zucchini and mix it well with chicken mince. Whisk the egg and add to the mixture. Mince garlic and slice onion thinly. Add to the mixture.
- Add oats and mix well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Form 1 burger.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook burger, turning once, for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, slice burger roll in half, drizzle with the remaining oil and grill to toast. Slice cucumber.
- Serve burger with rocket, sliced cucumber, dollop of yoghurt and black pepper.