The Fernwood you love, with a few fresh touches
We're open ladies! And we are so excited to see you all.
Victorian clubs closed temporarily
We are deeply saddened to inform our Victorian-based members that due to the recent Victorian State Government's announcements, all Fernwood Fitness clubs in Victoria will be closed for six weeks, effective from the end of staffed hours on Wednesday 5 August, 2020. Clubs based in Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire have been closed temporarily from Thursday 9 July and members had their membership payments placed on an automatic freeze.
For members based in regional Victoria, if you attend your club prior to the closure date this week, please ensure you are wearing a face mask or covering, as per government guidelines. From Thursday 6 August, clubs will be closed and your membership payments will be automatically put on freeze.
When we are permitted to reopen, we will reactivate your membership for all Victorian members, so there is nothing you need to do other than look after yourself.
For all members in Victoria, please be aware that if any cancellation payment arrangements or instalment plan arrangements have been put in place previously, these payment arrangements will continue as agreed. Please feel free to contact your club via email if you have any queries regarding your payments.
Mandatory face masks in Victoria
Due to new Victorian Government restrictions, as of 11.59pm on Sunday 2 August it is a condition of entry that all members and visitors must wear a face mask to enter our clubs in Victoria (only clubs outside of metropolitan Melbourne are currently open). Where possible, you should keep your face mask on at all times however, in the following circumstances you are permitted to take your face mask off:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years.
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition – including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition, on presentation of a supporting medical certificate.
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons whose professions require clear enunciation or visibility of their mouth. This includes teaching or live broadcasting such as our group fitness instructors.
- When the individual is doing any exercise or physical activity where they are out of breath or puffing; examples include jogging or running but not walking. You must carry a face covering with you and wear it when you finish exercising.
- When directed to remove the face covering to ascertain identity.
- When consuming food, drink or medication.
- During emergencies.
Please be aware that we have a zero-tolerance policy to abuse or mistreatment of our staff who are following government and industry guidelines and we would appreciate your understanding, cooperation and kindness in these testing times.
Victoria-New South Wales border closure
The government has announced the border between Victoria and New South Wales will be closed effective 12.01am on Wednesday 8 July, 2020. We understand these restrictions impact our members living in Victoria, so if you are a member at Fernwood Albury and you currently live in Victoria, your membership payments have been automatically frozen. When the government reopens the border, we will reactive your membership for you, so there is nothing you need to do other than look after yourself. If you have recently moved to NSW, or you have a permit exemption please get in touch with us to update your details and reactivate your membership.
24/7 access unavailable temporarily in NSW
We're taking every possible step to ensure we maintain a safe and clean environment for our members and staff. To comply with New South Wales Government restrictions, from Saturday 1 August members will need to schedule all visits to the club during staffed hours only. This means 24/7 access to the club will be unavailable temporarily. We know how important it is for you to maintain a regular workout routine, so make sure you book all in-club sessions via the Fernwood App. To view our staffed hours, please search for your club here. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Keep moving with MyFernwood
We're here to support your health and fitness no matter what happens. MyFernwood is your exclusive online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and monthly meal plans. PLUS, don’t forget to join us on Facebook for our #FernwoodLive workouts.
If you have any questions at all, please email us. We know this is a difficult time for everyone, and we look forward to seeing you back in our club soon. We’ll get through this, together. And together, we’ll be stronger than ever.
Almost all Fernwood clubs across Australia have now reopened – are you as excited as we are?! Membership payments and direct debits have recommenced so you can return to the gym you love. If you would like to speak to your club about your membership, please email the club directly.
Keeping our members safe, happy and healthy have always been our top priorities. We know how important it is for you to have a dedicated space where you can focus on your fitness and wellness. That's why when you return to our clubs, you can expect the same fabulous Fernwood experience you know and love, with a few added touches.
Given recent events, it's important now, more than ever before, that we're all doing our bit to help us keep our clubs beautiful, safe and sparkling clean. All Fernwood staff have completed the Australian Department of Health Infection Control - COVID-19 online training, and we will have rostered cleaners on site throughout the day to keep the club sanitised at all times.
In-club restrictions are different across Australian states and territories, so please follow the government advice in your area. Occupancy numbers are currently capped at most of our clubs, so to be able to visit the club, you must book in via the Fernwood App. If you have not yet registered a Fernwood account, please register by clicking here. Then, download the Fernwood App from the App or Google Play Store, and log in to manage your bookings, view the class timetable, track your workouts and much more!
When you return to your club, there are a few ways you can help us keep Fernwood a safe space, so please keep reading to familiarise yourself with a few of the changes you can expect in club. If you have any questions about your membership or club hours, please email your club directly.
If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again. For health and medical advice, always speak to your GP or medical professional.
In-club restrictions and rules may be changed and updated based on government advice and requirements, so please check this page regularly. Restrictions vary across states and territories throughout Australia. Always follow the government advice in your area.
Entering the club
- It's the same Fernwood you know and love, with just a few added touches.
- When you enter the club, sanitise your hands and have your temperature checked by a staff member. If you get the go ahead to workout, the staff member will direct you to swipe in.
- Swipe your membership card or speak to reception to make sure you have been checked in. We need to know who is in the club at all times. Plus, this ensures you don't miss out on any important club communications.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times to keep yourself, staff and other members safe.
- If you have a friend coming to the club with you (and they are not a current member) they must also follow all guidelines above and register their details at reception. We love welcoming new members to Fernwood, so it's best to call us first to let us know they are coming along.
Look after yourself
- If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again. For health and medical advice, please speak to your GP or medical professional.
- Take advantage of the MyFernwood platform to access at home workouts, fitness advice, recipes, meal plans and more!
- If you become unwell during or after a workout, please give us a call to let us know. This ensures we can keep you, and our community, safe.
- If you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19, please do not come into the club. If you have been in the club during this exposure period, please call the club to let us know.
Wave to your Fernwood friends
- We know you've missed your fitness friends (we've missed you all too) so give them a wave, but please don't touch or get too close. We know you all have a lot to catch up on, but at this time, it’s best to wave hello and then head to your workout.
- Please wait until a fellow member has finished using a machine, equipment, weights etc. before using them yourself - this means no partner assisted workouts or shared sets.
- You can stay up-to-date and connected with the Fernwood community via our social channels.
A clean workout is a great workout
- Please wash your hands before arriving at the club, and regularly throughout your time inside the club.
- Our handy posters around the club will provide more information on hand-washing and best hygiene practices, so you can refer to these at any time while you're working out.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all machines, cardio equipment, weights, benches and surfaces.
- Disinfectant wipes stations can be found in all workout spaces in the club.
- Bring your own towel, yoga mat and drink bottle to use during your workouts. You must have a towel and mat to workout.
- If you enjoy circuit-style workouts, please bring along a clean mat to use, and do not place bare hands on the ground - that’s what your mat is for.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and other members at all times.
- We will have rostered cleaners on site throughout the day to keep the club sanitised at all times.
- Kitchen supplies, complimentary toiletries, door handles, and lockers will also be regularly sanitised throughout the day.
- Book into your classes ahead of time, as our clubs and classes with be capped.
- There will be a 15-minute break in-between group classes to allow time for sanitising and cleaning to take place.
- Maintain 1.5 metres apart from staff and other members at all times. In group classes, X will mark your spot.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all equipment, weights, benches and surfaces.
- Disinfectant wipes stations can be found in all workout spaces in the club.
When will my Fernwood club reopen?
Fernwood clubs in all states except Victoria are now open!
Due to the Victorian State Government's announcement on 7 July 2020, all Fernwood clubs in greater Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will be closed for six weeks, effective from 12.01 am Thursday 9 July, 2020. Members in the affected locations have had their membership payments placed on an automatic freeze.
Do I need to freeze my membership?
When the government removes the restrictions, we will reactive your membership for you, so there is nothing you need to do other than look after yourself. If you have recently changed address, please send us an email so we can update your details and pause/reactivate your membership accordingly.
If you have any questions about the deferral process and fees at your club, please email your club. Please allow a 48-hour response time for us to get back to you.
How can I stay fit and healthy during this temporary closure?
To support your health and fitness during this time, we will be providing all members with online content including meal plans, home workouts, meditation and mindset assistance. We know how important it is to stay fit and healthy, and we want to do everything we can to support our members.
If you’re not a current member but you would like to access this online health and fitness hub, click here to find out more.
How can I get in contact with my club?
If you have any questions at all, please email your local club (please note, we cannot take calls as the clubs are currently closed). Alternatively, you can contact our Helpdesk.
Please allow a 48-hour response time for us to get back to you.