The Fernwood you love, with a few fresh touches
We're open ladies! And we are so excited to see you all.
Regional Victorian clubs reopening
The Victorian State Government has eased restrictions in regional areas this week, which means we can get back to the workouts we love. Your club will be in touch directly regarding opening information, as well as direct debit payment recommencement.
Regional clubs will continue to offer outdoor sessions as well, so please contact your club directly if you are interested in attending outdoor workouts.
Our regional clubs include:
- Waurn Ponds
- Geelong Ultra
If you have any questions, please contact your club directly.
In line with Victorian regulations, it is a condition of entry that anyone attending the club must wear a mask. Where possible, you need to keep your face mask on at all times however, there are a few circumstances in which you are permitted to take your face mask off:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition, on presentation of a supporting medical certificate.
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons whose professions require clear enunciation or visibility of their mouth. This includes teaching or live broadcasting such as our group fitness instructors.
- When the individual is doing any exercise or physical activity where they are out of breath, or puffing. Examples include jogging or running but not walking. You must carry a face covering with you and wear it when you finish exercising.
- When directed to remove the face covering to ascertain identity.
- When consuming food, drink or medication.
- During emergencies.
Attending the club
With limits on how many people can be in the club at any one time, it’s essential that you book your workouts via the Fernwood App. This includes using the gym floor and attending any classes, which both can be booked under the class timetable tile in the Fernwood App. If you have not yet registered a Fernwood account please register here.
When you arrive at the club, you must wash or sanitise your hands before you workout. Continue to social distance at all times (1.5 metres apart), limit usage of restroom and changeroom facilities where possible, and clean all equipment and machines before and after use. Remember that partner assists and sharing equipment are not permitted at this time. Once you’ve finished your workout, we kindly ask that you leave the club quickly, sanitising or washing your hands again as you leave.
We know how important it is for you to have a dedicated space where you can focus on your fitness and wellness. Before you head to the club, please scroll down on this page for more information about attending the club, including bringing your own water bottle, mat and towel.
Even though restrictions have relaxed a little, it’s still of the utmost important that we are all following government regulations, and following the advice in our clubs to make sure you have a safe and healthy workout.
If you're feeling unwell, please stay home until you are well again. Always speak to your GP, medical specialist or mental health specialist for health-related advice.
For all members in Victoria, please be aware that if any cancellation payment arrangements or instalment plan arrangements have been put in place previously, these payment arrangements will continue as agreed. Please feel free to contact your club via email if you have any queries regarding your payments.
Metropolitan Melbourne clubs reopening
Our Fernwood Fitness clubs in metropolitan Melbourne have been given the green light to open from Monday 9 November – YAY!
Your club will be in contact with everything you need to know about reopening, membership reactivation and payment recommencement. Clubs are going to continue running our outdoor sessions during this time, which will be included in your current membership. Check out the latest timetable to see which classes are available outdoors.
In line with government announcements, there will still be a number of restrictions in place. Please see the information under 'Masks' and 'Attending the club' on this page, as well as the information under 'Welcome back' below.
We can't wait to see you all!
Victorian outdoor training sessions
To support your health and fitness, we are now running our summer sessions, ideal for staying fit and feeling fresh. We can’t wait to get back to the clubs we know and love, but until then, we will be running our summer sessions in locations across regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. We miss your faces, so we’d love to see you there! Sessions in metro Melbourne commence from 1 November. Find out more here.
24/7 access available in NSW
In exciting news, as of Friday 23 October, members at our NSW clubs can access their club 24/7 so they can enjoy a workout any time (available at most clubs).
We want all members to enjoy a safe and enjoyable workout. All in-club sessions must be booked via the Fernwood App. Members cannot attend the club outside of staffed hours without booking via the app, otherwise they may be in breach of their contract.
Reciprocal rights in NSW
At this time, some Fernwood clubs cannot offer reciprocal rights due to capacity restrictions. If you'd like to find out more, please contact your club directly.
Keep moving with MyFernwood
We're here to support your health and fitness no matter what happens. MyFernwood is your exclusive online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and monthly meal plans. PLUS, don’t forget to join us on Facebook for our #FernwoodLive workouts.
If you have any questions at all, please email us. We know this is a difficult time for everyone, and we look forward to seeing you back in our club soon. We’ll get through this, together. And together, we’ll be stronger than ever.
Almost all Fernwood clubs across Australia have now reopened – are you as excited as we are?! Membership payments and direct debits have recommenced so you can return to the gym you love. If you would like to speak to your club about your membership, please email the club directly.
Keeping our members safe, happy and healthy have always been our top priorities. We know how important it is for you to have a dedicated space where you can focus on your fitness and wellness. That's why when you return to our clubs, you can expect the same fabulous Fernwood experience you know and love, with a few added touches.
Given recent events, it's important now, more than ever before, that we're all doing our bit to help us keep our clubs beautiful, safe and sparkling clean. All Fernwood staff have completed the Australian Department of Health Infection Control - COVID-19 online training, and we will have rostered cleaners on site throughout the day to keep the club sanitised at all times.
In-club restrictions are different across Australian states and territories, so please follow the government advice in your area. Occupancy numbers are currently capped at most of our clubs, so to be able to visit the club, you must book in via the Fernwood App. If you have not yet registered a Fernwood account, please register by clicking here. Then, download the Fernwood App from the App or Google Play Store, and log in to manage your bookings, view the class timetable, track your workouts and much more!
When you return to your club, there are a few ways you can help us keep Fernwood a safe space, so please keep reading to familiarise yourself with a few of the changes you can expect in club. If you have any questions about your membership or club hours, please email your club directly.
If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again. For health and medical advice, always speak to your GP or medical professional.
In-club restrictions and rules may be changed and updated based on government advice and requirements, so please check this page regularly. Restrictions vary across states and territories throughout Australia. Always follow the government advice in your area.
Entering the club
- It's the same Fernwood you know and love, with just a few added touches.
- When you enter the club, sanitise your hands and have your temperature checked by a staff member. If you get the go ahead to workout, the staff member will direct you to swipe in.
- Swipe your membership card or speak to reception to make sure you have been checked in. We need to know who is in the club at all times. Plus, this ensures you don't miss out on any important club communications.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times to keep yourself, staff and other members safe.
- If you have a friend coming to the club with you (and they are not a current member) they must also follow all guidelines above and register their details at reception. We love welcoming new members to Fernwood, so it's best to call us first to let us know they are coming along.
Look after yourself
- If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again. For health and medical advice, please speak to your GP or medical professional.
- Take advantage of the MyFernwood platform to access at home workouts, fitness advice, recipes, meal plans and more!
- If you become unwell during or after a workout, please give us a call to let us know. This ensures we can keep you, and our community, safe.
- If you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19, please do not come into the club. If you have been in the club during this exposure period, please call the club to let us know.
Wave to your Fernwood friends
- We know you've missed your fitness friends (we've missed you all too) so give them a wave, but please don't touch or get too close. We know you all have a lot to catch up on, but at this time, it’s best to wave hello and then head to your workout.
- Please wait until a fellow member has finished using a machine, equipment, weights etc. before using them yourself - this means no partner assisted workouts or shared sets.
- You can stay up-to-date and connected with the Fernwood community via our social channels.
A clean workout is a great workout
- Please wash your hands before arriving at the club, and regularly throughout your time inside the club.
- Our handy posters around the club will provide more information on hand-washing and best hygiene practices, so you can refer to these at any time while you're working out.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all machines, cardio equipment, weights, benches and surfaces.
- Disinfectant wipes stations can be found in all workout spaces in the club.
- Bring your own towel, yoga mat and drink bottle to use during your workouts. You must have a towel and mat to workout.
- If you enjoy circuit-style workouts, please bring along a clean mat to use, and do not place bare hands on the ground - that’s what your mat is for.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and other members at all times.
- We will have rostered cleaners on site throughout the day to keep the club sanitised at all times.
- Kitchen supplies, complimentary toiletries, door handles, and lockers will also be regularly sanitised throughout the day.
- Book into your classes ahead of time, as our clubs and classes with be capped.
- There will be a 15-minute break in-between group classes to allow time for sanitising and cleaning to take place.
- Maintain 1.5 metres apart from staff and other members at all times. In group classes, X will mark your spot.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all equipment, weights, benches and surfaces.
- Disinfectant wipes stations can be found in all workout spaces in the club.
When will my Fernwood club reopen?
All Fernwood clubs outside of Victoria are open! Our Fernwood Fitness clubs in Victoria will remain closed for a little longer, based on recent announcements by the Victorian State Government. We will be in touch with members as soon as we have a confirmed opening date for their local Fernwood.
When we are permitted to reopen, we will reactivate your membership for all Victorian members, so there is nothing you need to do other than look after yourself.
Do I need to freeze my membership?
When the government removes the restrictions, we will reactive your membership for you, so there is nothing you need to do other than look after yourself. If you have recently changed address, please send us an email so we can update your details and pause/reactivate your membership accordingly.
If you have any questions about the deferral process and fees at your club, please email your club. Please allow a 48-hour response time for us to get back to you.
How can I stay fit and healthy during this temporary closure?
To support your health and fitness during this time, we will be providing all members with online content including meal plans, home workouts, meditation and mindset assistance. We know how important it is to stay fit and healthy, and we want to do everything we can to support our members.
If you’re not a current member but you would like to access this online health and fitness hub, click here to find out more.
How can I get in contact with my club?
If you have any questions at all, please email your local club (please note, we cannot take calls as the clubs are currently closed). Alternatively, you can contact our Helpdesk.
Please allow a 48-hour response time for us to get back to you.