Skip the take-away. Here's an easy-to-make-at-home marinated tofu veggie burger from our Fernwood Pulse program. All Fernwood members get access to recipes just like this one when they join up.
- 80g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ lemon, rind and juice
- ¼ garlic clove
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 50g multigrain roll
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tomato, sliced
- 30g cos lettuce
- 1 tbsp red onion, sliced
- 20g cheese, sliced
- Place the tofu between paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Make the marinade. In a small jar/container add the balsamic vinegar, lemon rind and juice, garlic and cracked pepper. Shake well to combine the ingredients for the marinade.
- Place the tofu in a small bowl and pour over the marinade. Turn the tofu making sure to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime split the roll. Spread the wholegrain mustard on the base of the roll and then layer the remaining ingredients on top.
- Pre-heat a char-grill or barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Cook the tofu for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Place the cooked tofu into the roll and serve. Enjoy!