Our chicken and rice salad with fresh seasonal peaches and basil is the ideal fresh summery salad with a hit of protein.
- 90g chicken breast without skin
- 50g cooked brown rice
- 40g mixed lettuce
- 1 fresh peach
- 70g frozen corn kernels
- 50g red onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 10g basil
- Poach the chicken until cooked (approximately 12-15 minutes), adding the corn in the last 2 minutes.
- Drain and rest the meat for 1-2 minutes and then slice.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, oil and finely chopped garlic and basil. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit. Thinly slice the peach and the onion.
- In a medium bowl, add lettuce, cooked rice, chicken, corn, peach and onion.
- Dress with the dressing. Serve and enjoy.
Food & Mood
Did you know, what you eat can impact how you feel? In our Food & Mood program, we explore how diet can impact mental wellbeing, as well as creating healthy relationships with food for sustainable, long-term results.
More about Food & Mood