Bananas – what’s not to love about them? They’re packed with energy, potassium, B vitamins, dietary fibre and those long-lasting carbs that help us get from A to B. Let’s not also forget how nature has conveniently packaged them in a single-serve, environmentally friendly wrapper.
Who doesn’t love a banana as a quick and easy snack? Here are two quick options to take them from simple to scrumptious.
3-ingredient choc banana roll-ups
- 1 banana
- 1 small wholemeal wrap
- 2 tbsp hazelnut cacao butter, peanut butter, tahini or your favourite nut spread
- Spread the nut butter onto the wrap. Peel the banana and place in the middle. Roll it all up like a burrito. Slice into 1-2cm pieces, assemble on a plate and serve.
Banana bread bliss balls
Makes about 16
- 1 banana
- 6 dates
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Desiccated coconut (for rolling)
- Place pecans in a dry pan and place on medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, tossing gently until lightly toasted.
- In a food processor, place all ingredients (except coconut) and blend until mixture comes together to form a paste.
- Scoop heaped teaspoons of the mixture into your hands and roll into balls. Finish by rolling them in the coconut. Refrigerate for an hour to firm up prior to serving.
Get more yummy, healthier recipes here.