A pad Thai inspired dish jam-packed with a rainbow of crisp veggies.
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 30ml water
- 15g 100% almond butter
- ½ tbsp rice malt syrup
- ¼ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 75g dry vermicelli (rice) noodles
- 100g broccoli
- 60g red capsicum
- 60g zucchini
- 2g coriander
- Mince ginger and crush garlic. To make the sauce, place the tamari, water, almond spread, syrup, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Use a blender if necessary.
- To cook the noodles, place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and keep the noodles immersed in hot water for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Chop capsicum and zucchini and break or slice broccoli into small florets.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add the capsicum, broccoli and zucchini to the frying pan and continue to stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked to your liking. Add the noodles toward the end to heat through.
- Place the noodles and vegetables in a bowl and add the sauce. Toss to combine. Top with a sprinkle of fresh torn coriander. Serve and enjoy.
Loved this recipe? Login to Fernwood Pulse for more tasty treats, or get in touch below to start your membership and access all the benefits of Fernwood Pulse!