This healthy vegetable bake with just a hint of paprika marries perfectly with the refreshing flavours of the asparagus salad. A delightful, healthy dish for any occasion!
- ⅓ cup (55g) zucchini
- ½ cup (40g) broccoli
- ⅔ cup (60g) mushrooms
- ⅔ cup (100g) cannellini beans
- ⅓ tbsp self-raising flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
- 6 asparagus spears
- ¼ cup green beans
- ¼ red onion
- ½ garlic clove
- ¼ lemon
- ½ cup (50g) ricotta
- Trim and finely chop the asparagus, trim the green beans, grate the zucchini, cut broccoli into smaller florets, slice the mushrooms and red onion.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven-proof dish or tin with baking paper allowing a 2cm overhang.
- Combine zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms and cannellini beans in a bowl. Stir together the ricotta, flour and paprika in a separate bowl. Add eggs to the ricotta mixture and mix well. Pour both bowls into the baking dish or tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish then cut into slices.
- In the meantime, boil the asparagus and beans for 2 minutes or until tender and bright green. Drain and refresh under cold water. Place asparagus, green beans, onion, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve the vegetable slice on the asparagus salad.
Loving our recipes? Explore our blog for more tasty and healthy treats!
Not a member yet? No worries! Join now for access to your own Fernwood Pulse account, premium facilities, unlimited group fitness classes and more…