This beef spaghetti Bolognese recipe is the pasta you love, with a big dose of veggies to make it delicious and nutritious. This delicious recipe comes from our MyFernwood program - our online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and more.
You can also access the nutrition information for our recipes, including this spaghetti Bolognese recipe via MyFernwood!
Want to join Fernwood? Of course you do. Find out more here.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 100g brown onion
- 100g celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g red capsicum
- 50g carrot
- ½ tsp dry mixed herbs
- 140g extra lean beef mince
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400g diced tomatoes (canned)
- 60g pasta (wholemeal)
- 200g zucchini
- Finely chop the onion, celery, garlic and capsicum. Shred the carrot.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick, heavy-base large saucepan over a medium to low heat. Add the vegetables and mixed dry herbs. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mince to the saucepan. Cook, stirring for another 5 minutes. Add salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add canned tomatoes, 100ml of water and bring the sauce to a boil. Decrease heat to low, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Slice zucchini into long zoodles. Cook the pasta in salty water until just cooked. Add zucchini zoodles in the last minute of cooking.
- Serve in two bowls, topped with the sauce. Enjoy!
More recipes, fitness motivation and mindfulness advice available right here.