This delicious vegan chickpea curry is creamy and perfectly spiced. It's also ready in less than 30-minutes and makes a wonderful weeknight meal. It's a perfect mix of spices and flavors in a super creamy sauce. It’s also high in protein and fibre and all that good stuff.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala*
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 425g can chickpeas (drained)
- 400ml can chopped tomatoes
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar*
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Basmati rice or cauliflower rice
- Fresh coriander
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onions, crushed garlic, garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, turmeric and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the chickpeas, chopped tomato and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for around 10 minutes until the flavors are blended.
- Add coconut sugar and mix in. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over basmati rice or cauliflower rice with some fresh coriander.