French toast is a classic breakfast and brunch dish, fueling your body with protein from the eggs and carbs in the bread, plus keeping your taste buds satisfied. Try the recipe for yourself.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅛ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Place half of mixture into a shallow dish.
- Add bread 4 slices at a time and allow to soak for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook over medium heat with coconut oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked until desired taste.
- Repeat with remaining 4 slices and egg mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruit or toppings of choice.