This spiced roasted pineapple with macadamia crunch recipe is a super delicious and easy to make vegan side dish.
- 80g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 125ml maple syrup, coconut nectar or monk fruit syrup
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 250g coconut yoghurt
- 1 pineapple, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 small handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes, toasted
- Line a large tray with baking paper. Add chopped macadamia nuts to a small frypan over medium-high heat and toast for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add sweetener of choice and cook, shaking pan constantly, for a further 1-2 minutes, until nuts are coated in syrup and mixture has thickened slightly. Pour onto the prepared tray in a thin layer and leave to cool and set, then break into small chunks. Set aside.
- Combine the coconut sugar, ginger and coconut yoghurt in a small bowl and stir well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat a BBQ grill plate to medium-hot or place a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the pineapple wedges with coconut oil, transfer to BBQ or pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on all sides, until caramelised char marks appear.
- To serve, divide pineapple among plates, dollop over the yoghurt and top with macadamia crunch, mint leaves and coconut flakes.
Recipe from Eat More Vegan by Luke Hines, published by Plum. Photography by Mark Ropper.
Looking for more recipes? Find them here.