There’s been a small celebration in lounge rooms across Australia with almost all Fernwood Fitness clubs now back up and running. Just like us, we’re sure you’ve become very familiar with the space inside your home, and while it’s been a time of reflection, connection and keeping ourselves safe, we are pretty excited to trade in the home gym for the real thing.
While we’ve all been working hard to keep our motivation and movement on track during these unprecedented times, it can be a little difficult at times to flow into downward facing dog or successfully do push-ups while the little ones are crawling underneath you, your housemates are loudly video-calling with their friends and family, and the neighbours have taken this time to do a full house reno – slightly ruining the ambience of your fitness time.
Don’t get us wrong, we’ve been fully onboard the at home workouts and have loved tuning into #FernwoodLive, logging into MyFernwood, and getting some fresh air. We’ve been fortunate to keep moving, and have seen many of the positives resulting from at home workouts.
And while we know some people might not be ready to get back into their full routines just yet, we can’t wait to see all of your beautiful faces in club! The wait is over and it’s time to return stronger than ever.
We have introduced additional safety measures – read all about them right here – to ensure you enjoy your time in club. When you return to Fernwood, you can expect the same fabulous experience you know and love, just with a few added touches. We’ve added even more safety measures and extensive cleaning, so you can jump back into your health and fitness routine with confidence.
Just remember, don’t push yourself too hard too soon, especially if you have not been maintaining your regular fitness routine. Ease back into exercise, take it at your pace, and never skip your warm up, cool down and stretches.
Returning to the gym
Right now, our Fernwood community is more important than ever. You can help us and your fellow Fernies stay safe and healthy by following these guidelines in-club:
- Use the Fernwood App to book your workouts and group fitness classes ahead of time.
- Always bring a towel with you. You must also bring your own mat when attending classes or planning floor-based circuit workouts.
- Hygiene stations are located around the club with hand sanitiser and disinfectant. Sanitise your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. You will also see us cleaning at all times of the day to ensure the club is sanitised and sparkling clean for your workouts.
- We know you've missed your fitness friends so give them a wave, but please don't get too close. We have re-positioned equipment on the gym floor and introduced floor markers to maintain social distancing.
- We’ve also added more educational posters in club, to ensure everyone is familiar with these new protocols.
For those members who want to take their return to the gym a little slower, we’ll be with you every step of the way. Our MyFernwood program is the perfect option for those women who want to dip a toe in and perhaps attend one or two gym sessions a week, and then tune into our virtual classes, such as Pilates, yoga, HIIT, Tabata and more, from the comfort of home.
This is a new world we’re living in, and everyone is going to have their own way of returning to the ‘new normal’. Go at your own pace, and do what makes you feel safe and comfortable. Just remember, we’re all in this together, and together, we’ll be stronger than ever.