- 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed, quartered
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- ¼ cup rosemary leaves
- 8 baby eggplants, halved lengthways
- 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 800g tinned lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp baby capers in brine, rinsed
- ½ cup green olives, pitted, halved
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- Handful of baby rocket and spinach leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Combine beetroot, pumpkin, olive oil and rosemary in a heavy-based baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Add the eggplant and sprouts and toss to combine, then bake a further 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils and ½ cup water and toss well to combine. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove dish from the oven and add the capers, olives and basil. Toss together well and season with ground black pepper.
- Divide the vegetable mixture among bowls, scatter over the rocket and spinach leaves, and serve hot.
Recipe from CSIRO Protein Plus by Dr Jane Bowen, Professor Grant Brinkworth and Genevieve James-Martin, published by Macmillan Australia.