Borlotti beans have a creamy rich texture and nutty flavour that’s a perfect match with the honey-roasted pumpkin and anti-inflammatory hazelnuts. They’re also nutritious, being high in protein and fibre.
- 1½ tbsp floral honey
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 800g pumpkin, seeded, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 250g broccolini, trimmed
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 head radicchio, trimmed, leaves torn
- 2 tbsp lightly toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine 1 tablespoon of the honey, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the rosemary in a large bowl. Add pumpkin and toss to coat. Place on tray and roast for 30-40 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, combine the remaining honey and oil with the vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the broccolini in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain.
- Combine the pumpkin, broccolini, beans, radicchio and hazelnuts in a large bowl. Add the honey dressing and gently toss to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Get more yummy recipes here.
Recipe from the Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook by Chrissy Freer, published by Murdoch Books. Photography by Julie Renouf.