If you love chai tea, then you'll love a cold brew of warming chai spices, with our honey and chair tea smoothie recipe – try this iced treat for a refreshing twist on the original. This recipe comes from our MyFernwood platform, which has hundreds of free healthy recipes, at home workouts, meditations and more, all exclusive to our Fernwood members when you join our empowered women's only gym!
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 cup gluten-free almond milk
- 1 small banana, chopped
- 3g vanilla beans/pod, seeds remove
- 1 tsp honey
- Put the almond milk in a small saucepan. Heat on the stove for a couple of minutes or until hot and steamy. Alternatively you can heat the milk in the microwave.
- Place the chai tea bag into the hot milk. Place it in the fridge and let it brew and cool down.
- Once the milk has cooled down, add the banana, vanilla seeds and honey to a blender, with ice if desired. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass. Serve and enjoy.
Looking for health and nutrition advice? Speak to one of our lovely Fernwood Food Coaches about how to make easy lifestyle changes.