If you’re looking for a delicious and super easy brunch recipe this weekend, then this edamame bruschetta with cottage cheese is a must try! This recipe comes from our MyFernwood platform, which is packed with recipes like this one, plus at home workouts, yoga flows, Pilates and meditations.
- 60g edamame
- 1 thin slice wholemeal bread
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2g chopped basil
- ¼ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ small tomato, diced
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 155g low-fat cottage cheese
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the edamame and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove from shell.
- Preheat chargrill or grill to high. Brush both sides of bread with half the olive oil and chargrill each side until lightly charred, about 1-2 minutes.
- Combine the basil leaves, edamame, garlic, onion and tomato in a bowl. Add remaining olive oil and season with cracked black pepper to taste. Mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the mixture onto the grilled bread and top with cottage cheese. Season to taste. Enjoy!
Looking for more food and fitness content? Check it out here.