Ideal for entertaining, this Devilled Egg Salad recipe is sure to be a hit with the family, plus it's super easy to make! Be sure to check out many more delicious and nutritious recipes here.
- 6 eggs
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- ⅓ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 3 tsp sriracha chilli sauce
- Smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- ½ bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
Dill Mustard Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hard-boil the eggs. Drain and refresh in iced water, then peel and halve lengthways.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together all the ingredients in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a frypan of water to the boil, add asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes, until tender yet still crisp. Drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water to stop it overcooking. Drain. Cut diagonally into 5cm lengths.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out egg yolks and place them in a bowl. Add mayonnaise and sriracha, then mash with a fork until smooth. Place egg white halves on a plate.
- Spoon egg yolk mix into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle, then pipe into each egg white (or use a zip-lock bag with the corner cut off). Sprinkle with paprika.
- Combine watercress, asparagus, celery and cucumber in a bowl. Transfer to a serving platter and place devilled eggs on top. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
Get more delicious recipes right here.
Recipe from More by Matt Preston, published by Plum. Photography by Mark Roper.