Ideal for a healthy mid-week meal, this date and lamb tagine recipe comes from our MyFernwood recipe collection. MyFernwood is our online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and more.
Speak to your local Fernwood club to sign up, or click here to find out more about all the perks you'll experience when you join Fernwood.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 50g lean lamb steak, thinly sliced
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp honey
- 130g sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup gluten-free beef liquid stock
- 15g dates, pitted, chopped
- 2g fresh coriander to serve
- Add half the olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the lamb strips and stir fry until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the paprika, cumin and honey and stir-fry for a further minute. Add the sweet potato and carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute to coat well. Add cinnamon and beef stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. If you feel the mixture is too dry, add some boiling water a little bit at a time. Add the dates and more hot water only if required and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the potato is cooked and the sauce is thick.
- Add the lamb back to the frying pan and continue to cook until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and enjoy.
More delicious recipes can be found right here.