Creamy, healthy green pasta recipe – yes please! This is one of those recipes that you will surely cook on repeat, as it is so easy to make, tastes delicious and is packed with green goodness.
This recipe comes from MyFernwood, our online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and more.
Speak to your local club to sign up to Fernwood today, or click here to find out more about all the perks you'll experience when you join Fernwood.
- ¼ lemon
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10g basil
- ½ garlic clove
- 50g ricotta
- 60g wholemeal pasta
- 50g broccoli, cut into florets
- 50g beans, cut in half
- ⅓ cup peas
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- Juice the lemon and reserve.
- Prepare the sauce by processing the oil, ricotta, basil, lemon juice and garlic in a small food processor. Alternatively, finely chop basil, mince garlic and mix well with the other ingredients.
- Cook pasta in one and a half cups of salted water according to package instructions.
- In the last three minutes of cooking, add beans, broccoli and peas. In the last one minute add spinach. Drain and put back into pan.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir through to heat then serve and enjoy!
Want more delicious and nutritious recipes? You'll find them here.