Squid is a great source of protein, rich in B vitamins. Here it’s tossed with an Asian salad for a light meal.
- 600g squid hoods, cleaned, cut open
- 1 lemongrass stem, pale part only, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander root, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp macadamia oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 large mango, diced
- 150g sugar snap peas, sliced
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- Score the insides of the squid and cut into 3cm pieces. Mix lemongrass, chilli, coriander root, lime juice and oil in a dish, add the squid and stir to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- For the chilli dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Cut the cucumbers into long ribbons and place in a large bowl. Add the mango, peas, herbs and eschalot. Drizzle with half the dressing.
- Heat a large chargrill pan on high. Drain the squid and grill for 1-2 minutes, each side, until lightly charred. Serve on salad with remaining dressing and peanuts.
Get more yummy recipes here.
Recipe free the Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook by Chrissy Freer, published by Murdoch Books. Photography by Julie Renouf.