This yummy chicken and kale stirfry is super easy to make, and a great warming dish now the weather is starting to cool down a little! Enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
- 30g quinoa
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 spray of olive oil
- 65g chicken breast
- ½ clove garlic
- ¼ onion
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 cup celery
- 2 cups kale
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Place the quinoa and water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until the water has absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Thinly slice the chicken into strips. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Finely dice the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Roughly chop the celery, kale and spring onions.
- In the same frying pan heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion and ginger. Stirfry for about one minute until onion softens. Add the celery, kale, spring onions and tamari sauce. Stirfry until celery has slightly softened and kale has wilted.
- Stir through the chicken and quinoa. Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy.