Soft, fluffy, and moist carrot cake muffins with a bit of decadent cream cheese on top to make this recipe one of your new favourite for a little snack 🥕🥕 Made completely from scratch with real grated carrots and the option to add nuts, these will be a hit for Easter! 🐰
Makes: 12 mini carrot cakes
- 3/4 cup Natvia sweetener
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 500g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and take cream cheese out of fridge to come to room temperature.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 patty papers.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and Stevia until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract and the eggs. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the grated carrots. Fold the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the batter evenly among the prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden and springy.
- Let the muffins cool in the tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until light an fluffy. Dollop onto completely cooled muffins and enjoy!
More delicious recipes are available via our MyFernwood online hub, accessible when you sign up for a Fernwood membership! Or, you can sign up for MyFernwood directly if you don't live close by to one of our beautiful clubs.