Carrot cake snack
This faux carrot cake mishmash can be rolled into a ball or enjoyed straight from the bowl with a spoon.
Time: 5 mins
25 g rolled oats
20 g sultanas
1 tsp honey
- Grate carrot.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl. Mix well to combine. Serve and enjoy.
Mocha hazelnut protein balls
Fans of Nutella and coffee will get a real buzz from these protein balls.
Time: 20 mins
1 tsp instant coffee
35 ml hot water
15 g protein powder (low carb, high protein)
½ tbsp cacao powder
30 g dried dates
5 g raw hazelnuts
- Add the coffee, protein powder, cacao powder and hot water to a small bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the meantime add the dates (make sure they are pitted) and hazelnuts to a food processor and process until well combined and dates have formed a smooth like paste.
- In a bowl add the coffee liquid mix and date mix and mix well to combine. Roll the mixture into a ball. Serve and enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge and enjoy when chilled.
Spiced apricot muesli balls
A sweet and healthy little treat to enjoy with your tea or coffee.
Time: 60 mins
30 ml cold water
½ g ground cinnamon
½ g ground nutmeg
3 g sesame seeds
15 g rolled oats,
15 g dried apricots
- Combine the apricots, water, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes or until apricots soften. Add more water if required. Uncover and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- In the meantime, place sesame seeds in a saucepan and toss over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Place the rolled oats and apricot mixture in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into a ball. Toss the ball in sesame seeds to lightly coat. Serve and enjoy.
Berry oat protein ball
Make these balls in bulk to enjoy with your tea or coffee throughout the week.
Time: 15 mins
10 g protein powder (low carb, high protein)
¾ tsp peanut butter
8 g rolled oats
20 ml water
6 g raspberries
10 g blueberries
¼ g bran flakes
10 g slivered almonds
- Combine protein powder, water, oats, bran flakes and peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into a ball and place onto a sheet of cling wrap and freeze or refrigerate until solid. Serve and enjoy.