Baked Mexican Pita Pockets are the ideal go to lunch food - easy to make, healthy and packed with protein, super filling and extra delicious! This yummy recipe comes from our MyFernwood program - our online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and more. You can also access the nutrition information for our recipes, including these Baked Mexican Pita Pockets via MyFernwood! Join Fernwood here.
- 1 large wholemeal pita pocket
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ large onion
- 65g cannellini beans
- ¼ green chilli
- ¼ medium red capsicum
- 100g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 large egg
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place a sheeting of baking paper in a small oven proof bowl and place the pita pocket in to make a pita bowl.
- Add olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, until softened. Add the cannellini beans, chilli and capsicum and continue to stir-fry for a further two minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another three minutes or until the mixture has slightly reduced.
- Scoop the bean and capsicum mixture into your pita bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the egg into the well and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the eggs have been cooked to your liking. Serve and enjoy.
Looking for nutrition advice? Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch with more info!